Main menu

Pages

best small business telephone systems

 best small business telephone systems




  • I recently replaced my business phone system to accommodate increased call volume. I own a car rental business and needed to have new lines and phones installed to support the new customer service representative I needed to hire. By taking care of my customers and keeping my vehicles clean and available, I was able to grow my business and force the closure of one of my two nearby competitors.


Article main part:


  • I recently replaced my business phone system to accommodate the increase in call volume I was receiving. I own a car rental business and needed to have new lines and new phones installed to support the new customer service representative I needed to hire. By taking care of my customers and keeping my vehicles clean and available, I was able to grow my business and force the closure of one of my two nearby competitors. The resulting influx of customers meant I had to act quickly to capitalize on my good fortune. Like most people, I gave little thought to my phone system and simply opted for the cheapest solution I could find.


  • I bought a new system that I was told would handle my volume. At first, I was more than happy as everything worked well and I had no problems. Shortly after getting the new phone system up and running, I lowered our rental rates to entice as many customers as possible to switch from my now-defunct competitor to my company instead of my only remaining competitor. Although I operated at a loss for two months, my strategy was successful and my business picked up. The problem was that the phone system I had bought was only designed for a small number of lines, and I was already at full capacity. While it was an improvement over my first system, it had limitations that I had not considered. I ended up having to replace it again, but this time I was smart enough to choose a system that could grow with my business. Fortunately, I was able to get credit for returning the second phone system, which was applied to the newest system.


  • Still, I lost money, and if I had cared less about the bottom line and more about getting what I really needed, I would have been better off. If you buy a phone system for your business, make sure it does not get too big when business is booming. I wish someone had told me that before I made the mistake of saving a few dollars.

Comments